Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Joined Weight Watchers


On Saturday I joined Weight Watchers.  Monday I started the program.  Next weigh in and meeting will be Saturday morning.  Stay tune for the results.




 I have been thinking about doing it for a while but I waited, I wanted my mind to be ready.  I tried several diet programs before; I would follow the diet for a week or two but then gradually, I would stop.  I stopped measuring, stopped weighting and the bigger size portions returned.  So did the extra eating, the snacks at night, the extra scoop of ice cream, the nibbling food while cooking supper and of course leftovers of supper, whether the food was still in the pan or on the kids plates.   Don’t judge, I know I’m the only one out there who does that ;-)

One thing about being in pjs / comfy clothes most of the time is that I didn’t really see the weight come on.  It wasn’t until I had to leave the house and put on real clothes, did I really notice the difference.  Clothes became much tighter.  Soon I started wearing comfy clothes out in public and I felt sluggish and sloppy. Because I felt sluggish, I didn’t try to enhance my appearance.  It seemed like too much work or a why bother?

And oh, how I dread leaving the house now, because it is such a challenge to find something decent to wear.  Anything that is somewhat decent and fits has stains courtesy of the kids.  I need an apron.  But the kids always looked nice.  Did I mention I have pretty clothes in the closet?  The clothes don’t fit.

This has been going on for a few years now and I couldn’t get a handle on it.  I would try different diets, but would only be able to stick to them for a few days or weeks.  My mind wasn’t with the program.  A few weeks ago I gave God the problem of my weight.  I asked him to take the stress I was feeling about my weight, about losing weight, and the how to, go away.  I prayed that he would give me strength.  This time I’m not doing it alone.

When I told my husband, he gave me a look, no words, just a look.  He knows that I have tried others things/programs and I haven’t stuck with any of it.  But he loved me through it all. He loves me for me.  That’s why I love him.  

I started a facebook group for me and other friends who are also doing the weightwatchers program.  We may not live close but we can share ideas, encouragement, disappointment and excitement.  I just need to post more.

Monday was a hard day.  I ended the day with a really bad headache and I threw up.   Yesterday was better and so was today.  I’ve been good with the measuring and weighing and sticking with the points.  I need to keep it up. And Wow!  My normal portion sizes are so much smaller than before.  No wonder I was gaining weight!  I’m hungry as I write. I know, I know, I can hear you as I write “grab an apple, it’s zero points”,  I will.
Many wishes of success to all those dieting this week

No comments:

Post a Comment