Saturday, May 12, 2012

Mother's Day Gnome

I'm sleepy, I was up late last night (after midnight) mopping the floor, spraying the oven and cleaning the bathroom.  You know a glamorous Friday night.  But it sure felt good getting up in the morning and seeing things clean. 

Hubby got the kids breakfast this morning and I headed off to WeightWatchers and I'm happy to say that I lost 2.8lbs!  It was nice to see the numbers on the scale go down for a change.  I hoping to keep it up this week. I think I'm part of a really good group.

After Ri's nap, Terry took the kids out shopping for a Mother's Day gift for me.  I had some time to myself. What did I do?  I watched an episode of Dr. Oz and washed the dishes. 

As soon as they came through the door,  J started talking excitedly about the gift they picked out for me.  He wanted to give me gift right way.  I said no at first, but I saw his little face get sad and thought what the heck?, it was just one day.  So, I closed my eyes and held out my hands. The gift felt heavy, I opened my eyes and saw a garden gnome.  I smiled, it was a very cute gnome and a very cute gift.  A gift I would never have predicted. A Mother's Day gift I will not forget. 

 When J saw the gnome at the store, he told his dad "Mommy would like this."  Terry said Ri was holding the gnome hand though out the store.  Ri approved of the gift too.







The kids play while daddy was cooking supper. They love being barefoot on the grass.












Hubby cooks supper on the weekends, it gives me a break and he is an awesome cook.  This evening he made gluten free garlic fingers.  Sorry no pictures, we were too busy eating them.










We put the kids to bed, and waited for them to fall asleep.  It took a while.  I hoping  that tomorrow we all sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment