Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Peacocks Peacocks and More Peacocks

The kids were up extra early this morning.  J woke up Ri by talking to her "Ri, Ri, are you getting up?" I get out of bed, J comes in my bedroom and gets in the bed by Terry.  In a few minutes J's sleeping and me and Ri are reading past due library books on the couch. It's before 7am.

The weather today was absolutely beautiful, a sunny 24 degrees. So, this morning after some tidy up, me and the kids headed out to to the Shubenacadie Wildlife Park. Today was opening day for the summer season. There were a lot of people at the park, it was nice to see.

 At Sobeys getting some snacks to take to the park.  I wanted to take a picture of her with the stuff she was carrying. But when I crouch down to take the picture, Ri followed along and crouched down too.  I have many pictures of her like that.  She's too Cute!







The kids loved the peacocks! The peacocks were all over the park, just walking around. Their feathers are so colourful, so beautiful.  J and Ri loved looking at all the different animals. And I loved watching their excitement. We had a lot of fun.




Two pictures, two different peacocks. The one on the right was blocking the ramp with his tail.  I was a little nervous to go past him. So, when J saw another peacock going down the stairs, J followed the peacock and I followed J.







We spent about two hours walking around the park, looking at the different animals, chasing butterflies and feeding ducks.

 The kids looking for the ducks.

 We found the ducks!

The kids feeding ducks and Canadian Geese.

I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I did.  But I'm sure we'll be back!

After the park, we headed to the Superstore and picked up some odds and ends.  For supper we had bbq chicken, grilled corn on the cob and baked french fries. J was falling asleep at the table. But when it came to bed time, J lost his sleep. After about an hour of play time in his bedroom he finally fell asleep. Rio crashed about half hour before he did. Here's to Tomorrow, Another Great Day!

2 comments:

  1. I took the kids there a couple of years ago. They loved the otters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The otters are sweet! We went once in the winter, there was some ice over their swimming area. They would slide down the ice and into the water, very cute.

    ReplyDelete