Thursday, July 12, 2012

And I Said to the Man "Make it a Short Ride"

Yesterday was a fun day.  J had swimming lessons in the morning and in the afternoon we went to hubby's family picnic.  This year (and last year) it was held at Atlantic Playland!  Again like last year, my camera batteries died at the beginning of the park.  But luckily this year, we got a few pics with hubby's Blackberry.

Terry's company had pizza (salad for me), drinks (pop, juice, water), and chips that we could much on through out the afternoon.  We started out with the Jr. Rides, first the Caterpillar.  Ri got on with J, and it seemed to be ok.
But......

Ri didn't like it at all! J tried to comfort her, but she wasn't having it.  
The guy operating the ride asked if wanted to stop the ride, we said yes.  
She made it once around the track. 

J check out most of the Jr Rides, Ri wouldn't go.  She watched.  J was very excited to go on the bumper boats with Terry.  While the boys were in line, I took Ri to the Carousel.  She got on, but wouldn't sit on the horse, we sat on the benches.  We went around twice.  

One of my favourite moments at the park was being on the Tilt-A-Whirl with J.  I haven't been on a ride in years and my stomach even fluttered while going up and around.  We laughed so hard. J kept saying "whoooooo" and at times during the ride would fall, the force would push him back into my arm.  And we would laugh some more.

After we ate, we headed over to the kids pool.  I'm happy to say Ri loved it!

She would get in and out, sit and try to swim.

J took Terry on the water slide about seven times, J couldn't get enough of it.  Me and J also check out the Gravity House (So cool, we really felt like we were tilting), the tilt-a- whirl again and the ferris wheel. 

I wasn't very keen about going on the ferris wheel, due to the height.  But J wanted to get on and I didn't want to project my fear  him, so I said a little pray and agreed to get on the ferris wheel with him.  We were the only ones in line.  So, as we walked to the bucket, I softly said to the operator "Please make this a short ride."  As we were going up, I just stared straight ahead and talked to God, I don't think I even looked at J. Each time we would go down, I started feeling better.  I remember J saying "I can see everything up here."

After the ferris wheel, we headed home.  The kids were happy and a little tired.  We had a lot of fun, it was a Great Family Afternoon!  We're looking forward to the next time!



 




No comments:

Post a Comment