Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Beating the Heat & Writing More...again

What happened to me writing daily?  I'm going to forget everything.  This time next year, I'll reread what I wrote and they will hardly be any posts.  And I will say to myself what didn't I take the time to write more.

Sometimes I find it hard to find the time to write.  In the morning, the kids are usually up or I'm trying to do things (like wash the floor) before they get up.  During the day, sometimes I can get on the computer, but most times, I'll have both kids side by side on my lap, each with a different request.  At night it is a waiting game for the kids to fall asleep. Sometimes they fall asleep fast, other times it takes forever.  Most nights I tired from the day and I just want to veg, to do nothing.  I'm not complaining, I'm just saying this is how it is right now.  I'm enjoying the season, I just need to write more.

This weekend it has been very warm here, in the high 20s plus humidex.  But luckily for us, we have been beating the heat.

On Friday, my friend Mel, invited us to go to the beach  for the day with the plan of our husbands joining us at the beach for a bbq and some bass fishing.  We all had a great time.  I  haven't been taking pictures.  My camera's batteries need to be recharged, and my recharger is at my mil's house.  So, most of these pics are taken by a friend.

 We started the afternoon with a trip to McDonalds. 

After McDonalds' we headed to Bass River. It was a fun time.  The kids played in the mud, got in the water, flew a kite and played with buckets and shovels.  While at home, the temperature was up and the humidex high, we were comfortable and even moved in closer to shore to put pants on the kids. 

As the tide was coming in, more people started to show up with their rods.  It was really amazing to see land within a couple of hours be covered with water.  The scene was beautiful, our guys by the water fishing.  Some kids were playing with blankets and rocks while others were also trying to fish. Mel was bbq hamburgers, the smell was delicious.  We didn't catch anything but we had a great time.






No comments:

Post a Comment