Thursday, July 19, 2012

Catch Up

We got back from swimming lessons.  I put J in for a second session and I'm thinking about doing it again for a third.  He just loves it so much and he really tries to do the different moves like front/back star fish. J passed level one last week and he is now doing level two.  We are all so proud of him.  I watch him in the pool and think "That's my little guy."  Tomorrow hubby is taking a vacation day and will get to watch him swim.  Terry hasn't been to a lesson since J's first lesson.  I'm excited for Terry to see all the progress J has made.

Ri is very sweet, she is saying many new words and has started repeating words that we say, "Garbage, compost".  She doesn't like me brushing her hair or putting buckles (a Newfoundland word for barrette) or pony tails in either.  I'm wanting to let her hair and bangs grow, so I keep trying to put something in her hair.  Most times, especially if it is a buckle or clip, she takes it out.  At J's swimming lesson, I keep bringing things to keep her entertained, like crayons and books.  She's pretty good.

The weather here has been nice.  Yesterday we had a humidex of 33, but there was a nice breeze coming through the windows.  We had a yellow jacket nest under our kitchen window, it was in a bathroom vent of the down stairs neighbours.  Our neighbour told me he had them flying out his fan.  Luckily our landlord took care of it.

We spent most of the week after lunch going for a bike/ride walk, playing and painting with water paint.  In the evenings (with Terry) we went to a local ball field and played around with hitting and catching the ball; we went to look at airplanes and in the early part of the week J had soccer.  It has been a really nice summer.  And it is not over.

On Saturday we went to Victoria Park Pool, we all had a lot of fun and on Sunday we went to Peggy's Cove, another nice day.  I don't have any pics of the pool but I do have some from Sunday.  They are on Terry's Blackberry, I'll have to get them.

Oh I forgot to say that I lost 2lb!  I got weighted on Saturday.  It seems like I loss and gained that 2lbs several times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment