Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Waiting for the Kids to fall asleep

Today was another simple day.  We went to J's swimming lesson in the morning.  He's in swimmer one now.  J is still loving it and still trying to swim under water. He is learning so many things, and he wants to learn. He wants to try.  He makes us proud.

 Jovy practicing his bubbles.

 After the lesson, we headed home, the sky was dark and around lunch time it started to rain.  It was a lazy sort of afternoon.  The kids had hotdogs for lunch and I tired twice to put Ri down for a nap.  I was successful the second time around.  Ri has been sleeping by the bedroom door lately. Little sweetheart. Most nights when I go to check on them, I find her at the door, sound asleep.  One night when I tried to put her back to bed, she woke up and was mad.  She was fighting me pushing at me and wining. I put her in her bed and she got up and went back to the floor by the door.  So, I waited a couple of minutes and I went back to her and rubbed her hair a bit and then picked her up.  She didn't fight, she rolled over, cuddled to her blankets. Today when I went to check on her, during nap time, she was on the floor again.  I picked her up and put her back in bed.  She slept for about 2hrs this afternoon.

 Before nap time, the kids playing construction site. 

During Ri's nap.  J and I cuddled with blankets on the couch, we watched taped episodes of Full House and some cartoons.  During Franklin and Friends I fell asleep.  It was kinda dark out and there was a cold breeze coming in the window.  It felt like fall.  Perfect for a nap.  But J stayed awake, 'Mom open your eyes', he would say to me. 

I'm looking forward to bed time - for me. 




No comments:

Post a Comment