Sunday, December 2, 2012

Christmas Decorating

This morning, I had the idea of making pancakes.  I had got the recipe from another bloggers website.  It turned out pretty good.  The kids liked it, Terry not so much.  I think he is use to the box stuff.  I'm going to make them again tomorrow for the kids.

Today, Terry took the kids to the store to pick up some hooks for our Christmas lights.  Last year, we strung up some lights around our living room, we loved them so much we decided to do it again this year.  Terry wanted the extra hooks to connect them better.  

I stayed home to vacuum and wash the floors.  I had just finished dumping the water out when J came though the door.  He was acting up in the store. Terry brought him home.  For some reason, the past two weeks, J has started asking for toys when we go in a store.  He has never done this before and we don't buy him toys when we go shopping (at the most we'll get the kids a Kinder Surprise). He will get really upset when we say no.  I have no idea where this is coming from and I hope this stage goes by quickly.  

So, Terry and Ri went to Tim Horton's for coffee,  J and I stay home. I try to talk to him about why we don't buy toys when we go to the store, but I'm not sure if he really understood.

In the afternoon we got out the Christmas decorations.  It was so much fun to see Ri little face as each item was taken out.  We set up our village and some wall decorations.  Terry put up the lights around the room.  

My reindeer cookie jar.  
I bought him last year after Christmas at the SuperStore for $3.44   

Later in the afternoon, Terry and kids went outside and put some lights on the deck.  The kids love being outside.  They both had their little hammers, waiting and helping their dad with the lights.  

 The kids being cute.  

Next weekend, we'll put up our tree. 

No comments:

Post a Comment