Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Raise a Little Hell

I am sitting here at the computer desk and I feel happy/excited.  It is a good feeling, a feeling I haven't felt in a while. With the preparing of the move and thinking of what had to be done, I had mostly feelings of being overwhelmed and stressed instead of happiness.  But now that it is over, I am finally basting in the afterglow.  

It is very nice to type on the computer or check email with the children a few centimeters away instead of being in a separate room.  It feels good to know that after lunch, we can go to Wal-Mart and Sobeys, and that it will only take a few minutes instead of half the day.

It feels good to have a change, to know this is a stepping stone to something we really want.  It feels good to be in a community that we really want to be in.  Of course it isn't all lollypops and rainbows.  Terry has an extra time to his drive now.  I try not to think about it.  He says he likes to drive and I know that many other people do it, but it doesn't make it easier.  And we don't have a place of our own, we are staying with Nanny.  But I know that we getting on the right track. 

Where we were, we kept waiting for something to happen, a change, but it never really did.  And just like Trooper's 'Raise a Little Hell', lyrics
"If you don't like 
What you got 
Why don't you change" 
We finally did.  

2 comments:

  1. Good luck and God bless on your change. I hope it takes you were you want it to at a good pace.

    Christopher

    ReplyDelete