Thursday, June 26, 2014

Anniversary Weekend Part Two

Sunday was our 12th Wedding Anniversary. We dropped the kids off at Nanny's and we went out to lunch.  We have noticed this restaurant, but never been there before we were excited to go.  I was happily surprised that there was a gluten free hamburger.  And when it came out, it looked great!

The first hamburger

However, when I bit into it, I noticed blood on my plate. I am not sure if this is normal for this restaurant, but that is not something I wanted to eat.  So, for the first time ever, I sent back my meal.  Terry had his meal came out the same time and his was good.  While mine was being recooked, I watched Terry eat.  Then he watched me eat. We tried to make the best of it, but it is not what I call a great eating out experience for our 12th wedding anniversary.  Will I go back?  Probably not.

After our meal, we picked up the kids and headed to Halls Harbour.  The weather was beautiful and we were happy to arrive at our destination as the kids were fighting in the back seat over silly things.  

Cape Split

By the water
Note to self: Ask your three year old if she needs to pee before you walk down to the water.

Tide starting to come back in



 Kids being sweet

After Halls Harbour we headed back home.  We had planned to have a fire with the kids.  For our anniversary gift we bought a fire bowl from Canadian Tire.  Nanny came over, we roasted hot dogs and marshmallows. We all had a great time.  There is something about a fire that makes me relaxed. 

Later on that night.  J comes into our room and says "Mom, I threw up in my bed".  Oh no.  I get things cleaned up and put J back to bed.  A few hours later I hear him in the bathroom again.  That is when I decided he should go to school Monday morning.  I think what ever bug J had, I got it too.  Terry and Ri however, stayed healthy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment