Thursday, September 4, 2014

First Day of Grade One

Today was J's first day of grade one.  I was excited for him.  I thought today will be a good first day.  He knows the kids in his class, he knows the school.  I though it would be easier than last year.

 J last year.  First year of Primary

Last year we were new to the area and we knew no one.  But J was brave and he was so excited to go.  I don't remember a time when he said "I don't want to go to school".  

Which was such a contrast to preschool where each preschool day, was "I don't want to go today".  I would have to say things like "Ok, but we have to drop off this library book".  Then he would follow my answer with "We'll drop off the book and then I am coming home with you."  He never would.  We would go to preschool and he would see his friend and he would be off playing.

This morning, we all went to school with him.  Walked him in to his class.  My heart was getting relief as I saw him get more excited to see his friends in his class.  He would wave and run up to them.

 J this year.  Grade One