Wednesday, October 8, 2014

We Had Our Baby

I am happy to announce that we had our baby on
Sunday, September 28th! 

We had a Boy!

 He is super sweet and loves to cuddle.  J and Ri just love him.  Before school and after J wants to hold him.  J tells hims friends at school, he can not wait to go home and hold his little brother.  Ri likes holding him and seeing what he is doing.  But mostly she still does her own thing.

Saturday night, the 27th I started having contractions.  The kids were in bed and Terry and I were watching the movie "What to expect when you're expecting".  I had contractions before but they always stopped.  This time they didn't.  They were eight minutes a part.

Terry called his mom, I had a shower and got the odds and ends ready.  We headed up to the hospital about 1:30am.  They monitored me for about twenty minutes.  The machine monitored my contractions and the baby's heart beat.  Contractions were now five minutes a part.  They admitted me and brought me to the birthing room.

They hooked to me up to several ivs.  One insulin, one saline.  The contractions were coming harder and stronger.  I asked for an epidural.  I went drug free with Ri and although I am happy to have that experience, I didn't want it again.

It took about an hour and a half for the epidural to kick in, for me to feel comfortable.  Soon it was time to push and Sam was born very quickly.  It was the best delivery of all three.  Sam was born at 6:45am. He weighed 6lbs 14oz.  It was a long night but we had this sweet baby.

After he was delivered, Terry says it's a boy!  We didn't know what we were having.  Terry, his mom, my mom, most of our friends though we were having a girl.  They were surprised.

We have been home now over a week and things are going good.

No comments:

Post a Comment