Monday, February 9, 2015

Monday Meal

I have a Monday go to Meal. 
Taco Pasta
The first time I made it, hubby said it tasted like a combination of pizza and lasagna.  
I got the recipe from 'Taste of Home' cookbook. I made minor changes

What you need:
3 cups of uncooked pasta.( I use gluten free pasta. Sometimes it is elbows, shells what ever I have in my cupboard)
1 pound ground beef
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 cups of marble cheese
1 jar (16 ounces) salsa (I really like Sensations by Compliments Salsas)
1 can (14-1/2) diced tomatoes undrained  (I always use the 'no salt added' option)
3 tbps of taco seasoning  (I use Epicure taco seasoning. Lots of flavour and less salt)


 What you do:
Chop your onion, grade cheese

Cook pasta according to the directions on the package.

As the pasta is cooking, cook beef and onion over medium heat.

Add taco seasoning, stirring the beef.

When the beef is done, drain. Keep beef in the skillet.

Add tomatoes, salsa, stir.

Add cheese, stir.

Drain pasta, then add to the skillet.

Stir and Enjoy!

Monday evenings are hockey evenings in our home. I really like this meal because it still stays yummy even if not eaten right away. It taste good for J before hockey and it taste good for Terry after hockey.  And it is super easy to make especially if supper needs to be quick.

Ri doesn't like her food combined. So, after the meat is cooked, I put some to the side.  I also put some of the noodles a side for her after it's cooked.

The original recipe calls for a transfer to a baking dish with added tortilla chips on top.  I tried it once, but for me personally it took away from the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment