Wednesday, February 11, 2015

One Bite, Two Bite Cookies

 As a Christmas thank you, several moms in my mom's group signed up to baked cookies for the volunteers. The volunteers watch our kids each week, while we chat, have scripture time and do some thing fun. I volunteered to bake a dozen bite size gluten free cookies.

This was my first time to volunteer to bake.  I didn't want to mess it up, so I bought Pillsbury gluten free cookie dough. I liked it. The dough was ready for me and all I had to do was put it in the oven. The best part, it taste good. I did have to make two batches though. I left the first batch in the oven a little too long and it turned out really dark. I didn't feel comfortable sending them out as a thank you gift. The kids and I enjoyed them.

My cookies had to fit in a jar.  And I never made bite size cookies before. Usually, the cookies I make are big.  However I did figure out that 1tbs measuring spoon makes a great 2 bite cookie and that a 1/2 tbs  makes a great one bite cookie.

 
 I made cookies again this afternoon using the Pillsbury dough.
 
I am very thankful that I can buy gluten free cookie dough in the grocery store. I have Celiac Disease and had it all my life. Going to the grocery store to pick up gluten free items in the 80s-90s wasn't an option. Back then no one knew what it meant to be "Gluten Free". As a child, I use to get special bread delivered to my house from St. John's, my bread came in cans. Now I can buy gluten free products in grocery stores, even restaurants.
 
They were yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment