Friday, February 27, 2015

Snow, Sleepless Nights and Sickness

Snow, sleepless nights and sickness pretty much sums up what our family has been up to for the past week.  Monday the sickness hit J.  Monday night, Ea started with a fever due to his needles. He was fussy and just wanted to be held. For two and a half days, Ea would only sleep in our bed. 

Wednesday, J still sick and we had a snow day.  About 15cm fell.  Terry stayed home, shoveled and I git an opportunity to napped. With Ea sleeping in our bed, I was aware he was there and didn't really sleep.  Wednesday night, the sickness catches up with Ri.  For a few hours, she was throwing up every 20 minutes. Thankfully Ea and Ri needed me at different times.  And very thankful Ea slept in his crib that night.

Thursday morning, Ri got up at 6:30, she couldn't sleep.  I couldn't get up, I couldn't function.  I was just exhausted.  Terry got up with her.  He stayed home again. With two sick kids, a baby and an exhausted mommy, I was thankful for the help. 

This morning, J was headed to the bathroom and threw up. Sickness day five. Needless to say, he is home today.  Ri is still not feeling well. She isn't throwing up as much, but she has been sleeping the day away.  Ea still wants to be held and Terry went to work.

The sun is shining bright today and the snow is melting. Yesterday I went to WalMart for diapers. I spent a few minutes looking at the rain boots and flip flops.  I am looking forward to Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment